Friday, April 3, 2015

Sweet potatoes

Who is ready for the weekend? Being Good Friday, I must just reflect on the fact we are here because of God's love. What an amazing amazing thing!! Now I talk sweet potatoes. I never had one until I did a figure competition in December. I started traninig hard in September. Sweet potatoes were a staple. I cannot believe I had never had one before. I was always used to the way Grandma made them at Thanksgiving with butter, brown sugar and marshmallows, and for whatever reason, that did not appeal to me. No clue why. Now I love them. The are YUMMY. I prep them ALL the time to have on hand. (as food prep is key) They are high in vitamin B6 and a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, iron, magnesium, a source of potassium and high in carotenoids. ALL of these provide health benefits, and can prevent a simple cold or disease. We have to keep in mind that food is our first source of medicine. Sweet potatoes are now a staple in my home!!
I should be more creative in how I make them but I just slice them up and add random spices. It depends on my mood. And for you, would depend on which spices you enjoyed. Sometimes I like them super spicy like a cayenne pepper or sometimes with garlic salt and onion powder. Or Curry powder! You can get crazy. I then portion them out into containers about 4 oz each. Believe me, I could eat the entire tray! I am not a super creative cook, I just don't bother. But I do try and eat as clean as possible. (and no I am NOT PERFECT) as my waistline will show. BUT I am learning. And will continue to do so! Have a very blessed Easter!

No comments :

Post a Comment