Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Healthy eating made a little easier

In Cancun, I ate and drank horribly. It made me worse than I was before. I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was. I KNOW what to do, it is doing it. I always tell people I work with that meal prep is key. I might blog about 1000 more times. You have to have the food prepped and on hand to make those healthier choices. These are just a few of the items I got at the store when we got home.
You basically want items on the outer isles of the grocery store. Stay away from the middle isles. That is where the processed food it and causes us to eat "not so well". You want REAL food. Fruits, veggies, meats, eggs, plain yogurt, nuts, sweet potatoes. Just a few staples we always have. THEN prep work. Wash the fruits and veggies. You can even have them portioned out so they are ready for a snack or to add to a meal. I do the same with my meat. I cook it all at once and have it ready to grab and go. Sweet potatoes are the same. My husband boils eggs by the 5 dozen. I have talked about these before. It makes your life SO much easier, quicker, and most importantly, healthier. My son eats so much fruit I already had to do a restock. So I buy a ton and wash it.
THEN I take the grapes off the stems and cut up the strawberries. I can do this and listen to personal development. Kill two birds with one stone!
READY, SET, GO! When we eat better we FEEL better. And there are tons of ways to make a variety of healthy recipes. ME? I wish I was more of a cook. I am pretty boring. But if I am eating well, I am taking care of me. I hope this helps That is my purpose. Take a bit of time each wee to food prep! Your body and mind will thank you for it!

No comments :

Post a Comment