Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Almond Chocolate Protein Squares - FIXATE cookbook

I am having a good time making the recipes in the FIXATE cookbook.  I don't like to cook, I don't like the mess, but I do like the taste.  I found another winner.  Here is the recipe with MY TAKE on how I made them!

1 cup oat flour, gluten free
1 cup vanilla protein powder (I recommend Shakeology)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan Salt
1 cup all-natural almond butter
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted according to directions on package

1. line 8X8 pan with parchment paper
2. Place oat flour, protein powder, almond flour and sea salt in a food processor, pulse to mix
3. Add almond butter and extract.  Pulse for one min, or until crumbly
4. Add almond milk, pulse for 1 minute or until mixture is a soft dough.
5. Press dough into prepared pan.  Smooth with a spatula.
6. Freeze, covered for 15 minutes
7. Cut into squares
8. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly on top of bars.
9. Freeze for 10 minutes, or until chocolate sets
10. Store in Freezer for up to one week in air tight container.

(2X2 inch squares - 1 square each is a serving. 1/2 yellow 1/2 red


Now what I did; I did not have vanilla so used chocolate shakeology.  I did not have almond butter so used all natural PB  I don't have a food processor so used my hands.  My chocolate melted on top was not pretty.  Guess what?  They were STILL GOOD!  Please comment below to let me know if you make them!



No comments :

Post a Comment