Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DC trip

Blogging is harder than I thought. Does anyone read it? Why do I do it? Maybe it will capture someone! So I will keep pushing away. Last week was my son's spring break. We spent a couple of days in Washington DC. My husband I lived there many years ago and LOVED it. I went back because a friend needed me. I like to think of myself as a good friend. She needed her spirits lifted and it had just been too darn long since I had been back. I also got to see other friends as well. It was so great.
Most of the live in Northern Virginia so we took advantage and went and saw the Air and Space museum out by Dulles. To see the Space Shuttle THAT up close and personal, with my son, was bad ass. LOT of history there. He was bored after about one hour. Probably tired too as we literally went after we landed.
After our visit with our awesome friends, we headed into DC. I would move back in a minute. Why is it soo expensive? I got to see our old stomping grounds. We lived in Georgetown. BEST TIME EVER! Sent pics to daddy and taught my some history. His name is Lincoln so the Lincoln memorial was extra special. It moved me. The Washington Monument, White House, World War II Memorial (which I had never seen), Museum of Natural History. We covered A LOT in a day and a half. He was a trooper and can hail a cab better than a grown up. I was blessed to have this time with him. He is a daddy's boy. Getting away with him reminded me of what is important. My job allows me to be able to up and leave. THAT is awesome. I need to be reminded to enjoy things. Cause my brain likes to work against me. I love our pictures. They make me smile. I hope you enjoy them as well. =)

No comments :

Post a Comment