Friday, May 15, 2015

Stepping Outside your Comfort Zone

Wednesday night I held my first vendor booth. I attended the Night to Bloom even in Dallas to support women who have been affected by Domestic Violence. I was honored to be among these women, and those that had their own tables. I respect people who have their own business, just like I do. Was I nervous? No. Did I invest a lot into this? Yes. If you want to have a million dollar business, you have to treat it like one. And as my husband says, dress for the job you want, not the job you have. SO that is what I did. I took all of my home workouts, shakeology samples out the wazoo, and information. I just shared my knowledge. It was never about a sale. I got a lot of contacts and still tying to connect with them. I hope that people see the value like I do. Return on investment? Time will tell.
The highlight of the evening was Lucy Dang's fashion show. She is a Dallas Based designer. I have never been to a fashion show. I was a bit out of my element with a lot of beautiful people. But hey, I am who I am. I loved the runway and the clothes. It was pretty freaking cool.
Willow Grace Beauty hosted the event, along with BTB Jewelry. Willow Grace empowers women and has some super amazing lip plumper. Not crazy stupid, but just makes your lips just a tad fuller. I got a sample and then won the raffle. SO excited to try my new lipsticks too! I also bought a candle to support Genesis Women's Shelter. It smells amazing and 100% of proceeds go to the shelter.
Also discovered a new company, India Hicks. They were across from me and I finally got to check them out at the end of the evening. I love perfume oil. I discovered one from Hungtington, NY a few years ago. I still order it from them. I never thought I would wear something else. BUT I tried India Hicks perfume oil, Wild Spider Lily and LOVED it. I ordered some. When I got home, my husband loved it. He doesn't notice anything like that. So excited to get my own bottle.
It was nice to get out. I have become kind of a hermit. I love what I do so I do it all the time. I am passionate about helping people. I am well versed in Shakeology so want to share that as much as I can. And also the importance of exercise to our health. I hope you enjoyed the photos. Have a great weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment