Monday, May 18, 2015

I am not a cook but trying

When I am on, I am on. My meals are pretty boring and simple but those people you see that you want to look like? They eat that way. Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep. Protein, like chicken, ground turkey and EGGS. Veggies, and sweet potatoes. ME? I add some Shakeology to the mix because it is literally the best thing you can put into your body and call it a day. Also with a buttload of water. BUT, I am trying to be more creative. We will see how long that lasts. I follow @1minuterecipes on Instagram. Saw this little number and my husband was rock star enough to make it. IT WAS AMAZING!
3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless cut into 1 inch pieces
 2 eggs beaten
 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
 sesame seeds, optional (we did not use)
 fresh chopped parsley (we just used the "spice" sure it is better with fresh)

 For honey garlic sauce:
 1/4 cup honey
 1/4 cup soy sauce (I recommend low sodium)
 3 gloves garlic minced (we just use minced garlic)
 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (where have you been all of my life?)
 salt and pepper to taste
 preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Add breadcrumbs to a shallow plate. Beat eggs in another shallow plate. Season beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Add chicken to eggs and toss to make sure all are fully coated. Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven for about 20 min or until slightly golden brown. In the meantime add all the sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over med heat, then turn down the heat and cook for a couple more minutes. Stir occasionally. Pour sauce over chicken and toss so that the pieces are fully coated. You can use leftover sauce for dipping. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley if preferred. You can serve over rice and/or veggies.

 We just chowed down on the chicken. SO SO SO SO GOOD!

No comments :

Post a Comment