Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kindness and Respect

I am one that sometimes has no filter.  I won't pretend to be a robot or something that I am not.  BUT, I also know what kindness and respect look like.  In this day and age, I see so much entitlement and disrespect.  It is downright hurtful and sad.  I was going to keep my mouth shut, but this was still bothering me this morning.  So here I go.

We are moving and need to sell some furniture.  Mind you, most of our stuff is pretty cheap.  So when we sold it, it was cheap.  Then came the kitchen table, chairs and counter stools.  We paid a pretty penny for them and they are nice.  So I posted them last night on one of those garage sale sites on Facebook.  First, a couple of people just said the price seems high.  Then, people just starting slamming me left and right.  I mean it was AWFUL.  I responded with the fact it was distressed furniture and we paid a lot for it.  That just caused more comments.  Then someone said the clutter.  There was not clutter and I would love to see her house.  Am I defensive?  You bet your ass I am.  I would NEVER talk to a person that way, especially a stranger.  I was floored.  Their sense of entitlement to judge me that way?  We can all jump the gum or say something we regret or it comes out the wrong way.  But this? Was just plain mean.  It made me sad.  I am so grateful they are furniture experts and know so much more than I do.  Whatever.

Treat people with kindness and respect.  Treat others how you want to be treated.  We don't know people's situations.  We just don't know.  Be nice.

No comments :

Post a Comment