Sunday, May 31, 2015

My thoughts on Faith

I have not blogged in while.  We moved a week ago  so have been trying to unpack boxes, get settled and still work.  Since I am not blogger of the year, this is what was left back for the time being.  So, I felt so compelled to share this, even though it is not really in line with the purpose of my site.  BUT why I am here, able to do what I do, and, a place to share anything I feel.

We are in a series at church called the Tipping Point.  It is about the end of times.  Pastor Jimmy Evans, from our church, Gateway in Texas, is leading the series.  Last week was great.  This week, even better.  I was just thinking this morning about how I have a personal relationship with God, consider myself a Christian, I don't spend enough time in the Word.  I need to be connected to my bible.  It is the way.

This is NOT to be self righteous, at all.  I try and show compassion to everyone.  This is also though, not to be ashamed of what I believe.  It is not a bad thing.  We live in a broken world.  Jimmy thinks we are in that time of the Rapture.  A time where the Bible is considered hate speech by many.  The world is overtaking our needs more than our Faith.  I was thinking this morning how easy it is to want more when you have more.  It never ends.  I am guilty of this.  I am not better than anyone.

He referred to a lot of scripture.  1 Thessalonians chapter 4, many verses stuck out.  Jimmy talked today about how those living will just automatically go to Heaven.  They (we) will never die.  Would that not be beautiful?  Paul wrote Thessalonians and what is going on now in the world, follows his prophecy.  Bear with me here, I am writing from notes I took today and what I remember from the message.  Just shows you I need to read the Bible more.



We just need to be ready for the coming.  We need our hearts to be prepared.  I have a lot of hurt, and worry about what I am struggling with in my own personal life.  This reminded me today of what matters and is important.  Jimmy said today, continue to live your life; do things you do.  Run your business, get married and have kids.  BUT BE READY.  People, it is happening.  I am not preaching, I am not qualified to.  I just want people to believe.  I want to see everyone in Heaven.

I got this shirt a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to wear it today.  How appropriate.  We must surrender.  That makes us stronger.  Trust and believe.  (and if you are like me, read more of the bible)  Lots of love and blessings!

No comments :

Post a Comment