Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Transformation Tuesday

I come across this picture every so often. I had the freshman 15 plus a lot more. It started in HS, and working at Dairy Master all the time did not help. I had no self control. Something I struggle with to this day. I also had really bad acne. Like the giant ones that are under the skin. And what made them funner is that they always seemed to be on the tip of my nose or middle of my chin. It got worse in college. I had ZERO confidence. I literally hated myself. I would see all of these pretty girls walking around campus and want to be them.
At the end of my education, I started to lose some weight. I was actually pretty small. But I didn't do it the right way. Once we were married I had a very hard time finding a job so that is when I started to exercise on a regular basis. I have never looked back. The nutrition continued to be a problem. A big one. People see my eat, they laugh. I can eat more than my husband. Over those several years, I gained 20 pounds. It stayed with me for a long long time. So I was pretty thick. Sure as heck not healthy cause I didn't know what the meant. Nor did I care.
All the time I was severely depressed/anxiety. Again NO self confidence. Almost paranoid - so worried about people thought about me. If one of my friends did not message me back, I thought "oh my gosh they are mad at me". It would make my stomach turn.
Over time, it got worse. To the point or almost costing me a lot and hitting rock bottom. I sought treatment. That is the same time Beachbody came into my life. Someone posted on Facebook about a group they were doing. I thought why the heck not. I had no idea what I meant. I had heard of Shakeology but wasn't sure what it was or did. No one in my group knew what I was doing. I would get up at 5, do Les Mills Pump every day, drink my Shakeology, and go take care of my head. My physical transformation was not huge, but enough for me. What changed was how I looked at nutrition for one. People say there is no magic pill - well, this might be close. It is not a quick fix, it is not crap. It literally changed how I ate food, and MY HEALTH, and what clean eating met, and how we can prevent things from happening. I became a student.
The biggest takeaway? CONFIDENCE, LOVING MYSELF. Not caring what people thought of me. Yes, I am a little feisty now. Better than being a door mat. I am a good friend and love you til it hurts, but also stand on my own two feet.
I chose this. I had to share what an impact this had on me. It is so competitive out there. Some people need cheerleaders, some need a push, some need a hug. So I wanted to be that person. To provide tools to help women love themselves and get some of that swagger back into their step.
Who the heck knew I would build a business doing so? DANG. I don't apologize for it. No one should. It taught me to have goals while serving others. It taught me that I , ME, can start to build a future for my family.
I still struggle, I still mistakes, I still fight hard everyday. now? I just have a better attitude about it . I attribute that to some good personal development. (something I never did before, and if you did it I thought you were a big fat nerd)
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E has a story. We can chose how we write it. How it ends? leave that to the Big Guy upstairs.


No comments :

Post a Comment