Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Chicken Chili

I have been craving chicken chili for weeks. Yesterday was finally cool (and rainy) enough in Texas to make it. I have had the recipe in a box for years. It is my mom's and when I looked at the email, it was dated 2006 when she worked at Crane. She has been retired for around 8 years. smile emoticon
1 medium onion chopped
3 TBSP olive oil
1 4oz can chopped green Chilies, drained
3 TBSP whole wheat or almond flour
3 tsp ground cumin
2 cans of Great Northern Beans
1 14 oz can of chicken broth (I used organic)
1 1/2 cup shredded chicken breast (cooked)
In a large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour, cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken, cook until hot
The rest is up to you! Cheese, crackers, etc!
I would double up next time to have more left over. We go to town on this stuff. Thanks mom!

No comments :

Post a Comment