Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fall is upon us! 

It might still be 90 degrees in Texas, but it is autumn.  I think of pumpkins, pumpkin spice, pumpkin everything!  This is a recipe from the Fixate cookbook, part of the 21 Day Fix.  Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites.  I have had intentions of trying this for some time, and finally decided no better time than now!
This is where I have to keep it real.  I am not Betty Crocker.  I am messy, it never looks the way it is supposed to, I am not the best at presentation, but to me, as long as it tastes the same, I am OK with it!
Please let me know if you make them and what you thought!  Thank you!

Ingredients:
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve small amount for garnish)
1 tsp. pure hazelnut extract (or pure maple extract)
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch sea, or Himalayan salt

1. Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with water.  Let soak for 10 minutes, drain, set aside.  
2. Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
3. Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed.  Place in a medium bowl.  Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes.
4. Using clean hands, roll into tablespoon sized ball; roll in reserved coconut if desired.
5. Store refrigerated in air tight container.

Serving: approx 16  Cal. 61  Total Fat 3g  Saturated Fat 1g  Cholesterol 0 Sodium 10  Carbs 9 g.  Fiber 2 g  Sugars 7 g  Protein 1 g   Containers: 1 yellow 1/2 tsp 

No comments :

Post a Comment