Monday, July 27, 2015

21 Day Fix (again)

I want/need to be better about blogging.  They say if you can't write then don't blog.  Well if I don't write, how do I reach people via social media?  Maybe just maybe one person will read this.  It will resonate, so they may  tell someone else.  That is an avenue to help people.  While I improve on myself I can help those see they can do the same.

I returned from the trip of a lifetime Saturday.  12 days in Hawaii with my family.  My 8 year old son and I have both cried more than once because we had to come home.  It was my 4th trip there.  We have gone every 5 years for anniversary's.  Yes 20 years.  How am I so blessed?  With that kind of trip comes me eating like a man.  I started out strong.  Balance, discipline but by the end it was just plain kind of gross.  The past two days at home were probably the worst.  Jet lag, off kilter, you  name it.  I ate about 7 donuts yesterday. No joke.  And I did it meal prepping for the 21 Day Fix.  That is kind of messed up but I am not the first to have done it.  That is here nor there.  SO, I start again.  I have a lot to lose.  I never missed ONE workout on vacation.  Not one BUT you cannot out exercise a bad diet.  EVER.

I went to the store early yesterday and got my food.  The Fixate cookbook is out, which has some AMAZING 21 Day Fix approved recipes.  But as tired as I was, we are going to keep it simple this first week.


I washed, I chopped, I cooked, divided and conquered.  Meal prep is KEY to this being a success.  Meal prep is KEY to cleaner eating being a success.  It is not hard, it is not time consuming. AND it save a TON of time when you do it for the week.  Super simple. Nothing fancy.  This is me ready to go:


So day one is here.  The first time I did this program (and I mean follow the meal plan, I do the workouts all the time) I nailed it.  I have made several attempts to finish again.  Sometimes just two days, sometimes up to 12.  I NEED To finish this.  Practice what I preach.  I usually eat fairly well, but the weight has been a struggle for a year now.  I need to see if this makes a difference.

AND now there is the 21 Day Fix app!  Makes it SO much easier!  SO MUCH!  So stats are in, I just need to do before photos, yuck, and I am on my way. Think positive, think I can do this.  Believe you can.  ANY of us can!  I will share my journey with you.  The ups and downs and struggles and victories.  I hope you enjoy seeing the progress.  I know I will!

No comments :

Post a Comment